Animal Care Technician (ACT)
Our Animal Care Technicians are responsible for the direct care of our shelter animals. Responsibilities include assisting in all duties related to animal health including, but not limited to, animal care, kennel/cage cleaning, feeding, socializing, and exercising. ACTs ensure the general cleanliness and sanitation of shelter by enforcing disease control, animal health, and sanitation protocols, and provide proper care and attention to all animals in CVHS care in accordance with CVHS policies, procedures, or any laws that apply. Maintaining a clean and healthy environment for every animal in our care is a top priority.
Each ACT will provide excellent customer service which may include greeting the community, answering basic questions about animals, receiving walk-in donations from the community in a gracious manner, and helping adoption counselors show animals. ACTs work in direct contact with the public, volunteers, and other shelter staff and thus a positive, friendly attitude and ability to work with others are essential components of this position. The ideal candidate will be outgoing and have the ability to provide a positive experience for all shelter visitors.
- High school diploma and a minimum of three (3) months of experience caring for companion animals in a veterinary practice, animal shelter, grooming salon, training facility, or other related business.
- Must be able to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multitask, and think critically.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $8.16 /hour
Education: High school (Required)