NH Gives begins tomorrow at 6pm, and we are asking you to help us reach our goal of raising $10,000 from 50 unique donors! We’ve put together this list of the top 10 reasons to participate during the NH Gives campaign:
- It’s fun. Give to your favorite organizations and then watch the donations add up in real-time in their status bar!
- The prizes. The NH Center for Nonprofits is offering over $7,000 in additional prizes to organizations that hit various benchmarks throughout the giving period.
- Friendly competition. We all want to see our favorite organizations come out in the lead! If you have too many organizations to support and not enough money to go around, consider giving to one or two and then challenging your friends and family to out-give you to their favorites. No matter who ends up in the top spot at the end of the day, we all win during this day of giving!
- Two $1,000 Matches! Two of our generous board members have offered to match all personal donations up to $1,000! That means any amount you give up to that amount will automatically be doubled as soon as we hit $1,000! Once we get to that point, any donation you give up to a second $1,000 will also be doubled!!
- Donor rewards. If you make a donation of just $50, you’ll be qualified for $10 gift certificates from The Common Man, Whaleback Mountain, AND Great NH Restaurants. Your one donation can get you all three rewards!
- Making a difference. CVHS doesn’t receive any government funding. We care for over 1,500 animals each year and we do it all through support from our community. Your donation during #NHGives will help us to do what we do best — care for the animals who have come to us looking for a second chance at life.
- You love what we do. Maybe you’ve adopted from us in the past, or maybe you’ve used us as a resource to help you find services for your pet. Maybe you’ve never used us, but you just like knowing we’re here in case you ever do. If any of those things sound like you, we’d love your support tomorrow!
- It doesn’t have to cost a dime. We get it — times are tough right now. If you don’t have the means to give, you can still help us meet our goal! Share this post or our giving page with your network. Encourage your friends and family to give and to share our page. Helping us spread the word will help us meet our goal that much faster!
- It feels good. Doesn’t knowing that you’ve helped someone less fortunate than yourself make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? And when that someone is also warm and fuzzy, it just makes the feeling that much better!
- A rising tide lifts all ships. We would love it if you would give to CVHS during this giving period, but even if you choose to donate to another organization, we will all be helped. #NHGives brings attention to ALL of the nonprofit organizations in the state, and the more participants it has, the more people will become aware of who we are and what we do.
Your donation of any amount will help us meet our mission of giving homeless pets a safe and comfortable place to stay while they’re searching for their forever homes. You can give as little as $5 or as much as $500 (or more, we won’t stop you!), we’ll put every dollar to work caring for these animals while they’re waiting for their perfect home.
If you’d like to make a difference in the lives of shelter pets during the campaign tomorrow, here’s how to do it:
- Make a donation
- Spread the word. Text a friend. Forward this email. Post on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using the hashtag #NHGives. Oh, and you can also just tell someone in person – that works, too!
Thank you in advance from all the pets (and humans) here at CVHS!